The growth of major muscle groups will force other muscles to adapt and grow to keep up with the increase in strength and muscle gains.
Chris hemsworth used compound training, which is one of the easiest ways to grow muscle fast. Compound muscle training involves using multiple muscle groups at a time, as opposed to isolated training, which is just one muscle group at a time .
Chris Hemsworth Workout :
The most common Compound Training exercises are:
- Bench Press
- Front Squat
- Lunge (and its’ variations)
- Chest Press
- Cable Chest Press
- Shoulder Press
- Push Press
- Push up
- Inverse Row
- Bent Over Row (and any row variation)
Chris Hemsworth in an interview with Scott Lewinski of AskMen.com said :
“[My routine was nothing fancy. It was a lot of old-fashioned bodybuilding and force-fed nutrition. We used a lot of pulling exercises, and Kenneth (Thor’s director) set up a wood-chopping area for me to prepare. Those were important to wield the hammer correctly”.
Hemsworth recruited the assistance ofMichael Knight, director of Michigan-based personal trainers Art of Strength. ‘Chris’s regime was split into two parts,’ says Knight.
Chris Hemsworth Workout Routine :
- Lateral Hop. keep your chest straight and hips back. Forcefully hop from your right foot and land on your left foot. Pause and hop back to your right foot again. It strengthens your core and builds up the legs.
- Mountain Climber. . Take the pushup position. Light your right knee as close to your chest as possible, bring it back, and do the same with the left knee. Do eight reps and repeat with other side and exercise also engages the entire body
- T-pushup. For a full-body workout, take a pair of dumbbells and lower yourself into the pushup starting position. Lower your body to the floor and, as you lift yourself up, twist your torso to the right and raise the right dumbbell so that it is in a straight line with your shoulder. Lower the dumbbell and repeat with the left dumbbell .
- Sledgehammer Slam . Keep your core steady as you bring the hammer down to the center of the tire. Do eight reps and repeat with other side. It beefs up the upper body and the arms.
WEEKLY TRAINING FOR 3 MONTHS FOR HIS £93m-budget blockbuster " THOR " -
Thor Workout Part 1
- Week one - sets 4 reps 4-6
- Week two - sets 4 reps 6-8
- Week three - sets 4 reps 8-12
- Week four - sets 4 reps 4-6
- Repeat for weeks five to eight
Session one - chest and back:
- Bench press
- Bent-over row
- Weighted pull-up
- Weighted dip
Session two - legs:
- Dead lift
- Hamstring curl
Session three - arms:
- Weighted chin-up
- Close-grip bench press
Thor Workout Part 2 -
Circuit one - Tabata ?(20sec on/10sec off):
- Double kettle bell squats - four rounds
- Eight rounds of snatches - eight rounds
- Kettle bell swings - 30sec two-hand, 30sec right-hand-only swings, 30sec left-hand-only swings, 30sec ?alternate swings
- Cleans - 5 right, 5 left, 4 right, 4 left, 3 right, 3 left, 2 right, 2 left, 1 right, 1 left, then back up to 5 each side for a total of 60 reps with no rest
- Turkish get-ups - 5min continuous
- Windmill - 5 each side
Chris Hemsworth Workout Phase Two: The Shrink Wrap
Chris used a common technique in Hollywood, called “The Shrink Wrap Effect”. Other stars that have used this technique include Taylor Lautner (Twilight: New Moon) and Brad Pitt.
The Shrink Wrap Effect works by tightening your skin around your muscles. Here’s a video explaining The Shrink Wrap Effect
ALSO HAVE A LOOK AT - CHRIS HEMSWORTH DIET PLAN
OTHER WORKOUT PLANS -
JAY CUTLER | BROCK LESNAR | THE ROCK | JOHN ABRAHAM | JOHNNY DEPP | LE BRON JAMES | PAUL WALKER| ROBERT PATTISON | RONNIE COLEMAN | TAYLOR LAUNTER | DAVID BECHKAM