Chest and arms are gigantic and shoulders are under developed and narrow And you are Looking for the best shoulder exercise ?
The shoulders have a dramatic impact on the silhouette of the body. It’s no secret that women find broad shoulders attractive on men as shoulders are key to a in shape physique . Strong and broad shoulders are universally respected as a symbol of power and authority .The shoulders are very delicate area so jumping into a hardcore circuit which is totally out of the gate isn’t the wisest choice as shoulders are very much injury prone .
Shoulder is built as a ball-and-socket joint which provides incredible range of motion . One has to understand the interactions of the different muscle groups in the shoulder.
- Anterior Deltoid: Anterior delts are important in bench pressing and other chest training, and are stimulated from triceps and biceps exercises. It can be very easy for a traditional bodybuilder to over develop this muscle which can lead to imbalance and ultimately injury
- Medial Deltoid: This muscle activates most during isolated shoulder abduction movements , It is the side head of the shoulder which acts to abduct the arm which means it brings the arms out and away from the midline of the body. Development of this muscle brings width to the upper torso.
- Posterior Deltoid: The function of the back deltoid is Extending and rotating the arm outward . Back exercises such as , chin ups, pull ups , rows work the rear delts more than most other exercises.
OTHER POPULAR WORKOUTS: BEST BICEP ROUTINE | SUPER LEG EXERCISES | OLYMPIA SHOULDER WORKOUT | TRICEPS ROUTINE | BEST BACK ROUTINE LOWER AND UPPER
SHOULDER EXERCISES :
1. Shoulder press machine : Have a seat, adjust the weight stack, and press over your head which is pretty self-explanatory. Its great if one has just getting started.
2. Upright row :Standwith your feet shoulder-width apart and try to grip the middle of a barbell and raise the bar to chin and lower it. Make sure that knees remain relaxed and back stays straight .
3. Shrugs Holding :With a dumbbell in each hand one has to stand with feet shoulder-width apart and arms by sides and palms facing in.You should Keep your torso solid, raise your shoulders a few inches toward your ears .
4. Bent-over lateral raise : Stand as one's feet shoulder-width apart and bend over the waist and hold a dumbbell in each hand so that upper body is parallel to the floor, palms facing each other and with arms hanging in front of your body . On should Make sure not to lock your elbows and hands are in line with shoulders .
5. Three-way shoulder press : One has to Hold a dumbbell in each hand andstand with your feet shoulder-width apart so that fists are out in front of you. At 90° bend in elbows one has to raise upper arms so that they form a "T" with torso and Keep arms raised and the 90° bend in your elbows
6. Arnold press : Sit on a flat bench with back straight and feet on the floor and one has to hold a dumbbell in each hand . Rotate shoulder backward while raising and opening your arms keeping your arms and your palms turned toward your face . Press the dumbbells over head in a smooth and controlled motion.
7. Lateral raise : stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and arms down by your sides and palms facing in. Make sure not to lock your elbows and one has to Make sure that the movement originates in shoulders .
8. Front-side lateral raise :Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and arms straight down the front of body, One has to Raise arms to shoulder height in front so that arms and chest form a 90° angle. Keep arms raised and palms facing down then slowly lower them to sides.
9. Military press :Stand with feet shoulder-width apart and keep knees relaxed , grasp a barbell with palms facing in, hands shoulder-width apart. Bend arms so that your palms are facing away and hands are at shoulder height then one has to Press the barbell over your head and lower it.
10. Pushups : Pushups work your shoulders, chest, back, and abs at once and try to perform them with fingers pointing out at a 45° angle, make you have to make sure that back is straight as a board and try to go all the way down.
11. Dumbbell Side Lateral Raises : Grab 2 dumbbells and Stand with your feet shoulder width apart then one has to hold the dumbbells just in front of body with the palms of hands facing and try to Keep a slight bend in your elbows.
12. Barbell Upright Row : Stand and hold a barbell with a shoulder width grip and one has to keep feet shoulder width apart and try to Keep elbows above your hands at all times.
13. Bent Over Lateral Raises : Grab 2 dumbbells and bend over at the waist with feet shoulder width apart and try to keep a slight bend in the knees to prevent stain on the lower back then hold the dumbbells with arms length in front and keep the palms of hands facing each other .
14. Seated Barbell Shoulder Press : Sit on an upright bench then you have to grab the barbell with a wider then shoulder width grip. Try to push the barbell directly upward until it is at arms length which is above shoulders
15. Alternating Deltoid Raise: Keep elbows slightly bent and one has to hold a pair of dumbbells . Try to raise the weights directly in front of shoulder height and Return the weights to side.
16. Alternating Kettlebell Press : Keep two kettle bells to your shoulders and then you have to press one directly overhead by extending through the elbow and turn it so the palm faces forward while one hold the other kettle bell
17. Back Flyes :Stand back and grab the band by the handles and . lift the arms straight in front and keep arms straight and parallel to the floor and feet should be firmly planted on the floor spread at shoulder width.
18. Rocky Presses : Sit on a Military Press and try to pick up the barbell with the correct grip then one has to lift the bar up over your head by locking your arms and then lower the bar down to the back of the head and inhale
19. Arm Circles :The starting position is to extend arms straight out by the sides and arms should be parallel to the floor and perpendicular and then slowly start to make circles of about 1 foot in diameter and try to breathe normally
20. Cable Rear Delt Fly : Adjust the pulleys to the appropriate height and adjust the weight. Grab the left pulley with your right hand and the right pulley with your left hand, crossing them in front of you. This will be your starting position.
FAST MUSCLE GAIN BICEP ROUTINE | LOWER AND UPPER LEG BEST EXERCISE | GIANT SHOULDER WORKOUT | TRICEPS EXERCISE FOR BETTER RESULT | BROAD LOWER AND UPPER BACK EXERCISES
Top 4 Exercises for Increasing Shoulder Muscles :
Exercise #1 – Hang Clean Press : It is compared to upright row which can flow through with the momentum . One has to press more weight than a dead stop. One has to stand with feet just outside of shoulder width while has to put both hands on the bar. Then has to hold back flat with chin up and then dead lift the weight . The weights should be against one's thigh and this would be the starting position
Exercise #2 – Shoulder Press : Dumbbell shoulder press begins with a dumbbell in each hand and cleaned to rest on the shoulder. On left side first one has to lift the dumbbell to full extension and return the weight back down under control , the right weight has to go up in an alternating motion. It's important to remember not to lift more than you can safely .
Exercise #3 – Military Press : . Start with weight resting on your upper chest press then directly in front of your face .To maintain control one has to bring the weight back down to the chest or it will become push press which is effective for building overall strength and is a different exercise which utilize leg as well. One should remember not to use legs during this exercise . Military press is said to be a monstrous training exercise which adds great size to shoulders
Exercise #4 – Upright Barbell Rows : A barbell row begins by gripping the bar inch inside of shoulder width . The bar should be just below your chin and finish the rap and then one has to bring the weight up in front of the body and only bending at the elbows . The upright barbell row can be very difficult for a person with under-developed shoulder muscles.
One should rest for 90 seconds and should perform 3-4 sets .
OLYMPIA 2015 GALLERY- PHIL HEATH | KAI GREENE | DENNIS WOLF | SHAWN RHODEN | DEXTER JACKSON | RONNIE COLEMAN | ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER
The Perfect Shoulders Workout : With REPETITIONS
|Barbell Push Press||3 sets|
|Dumbbell Bench Press||3 sets|
|Inverted Shoulder Press||3 sets|
|Underhand-Grip Inverted Row||3 sets|
|Dumbbell External Rotation||3 sets|
|Overhead Shrug||3 sets|
|Hammer CurL||3 sets|
It is rightly said that "Shoulder's make the man worth" and one should keep in mind that he has to use lighter weights, right ? No .One wants bigger shoulders MUST try the dumbbell push press because it allows to lift heavy weights with the low injury risk .
BEST SHOULDER WORKOUT VIDEO :